Bye bye, Bo Xilai, China’s Last Red Guard.
With his final appearance in court yesterday for an appeal, he’s shot down again and the verdict remains.
The biggest “Sin” of Bo is not corruption as we thought. It is his over ambition to be the topman of China and yet he had used the wrong method. He got himself trapped in the deep shit hole of Cultural Revolution!
The conclusion of Bo’s failure – He Couldn’t Think!
End of an era of Red Guards… no more Red Alert.
Media report extract
By: Roadside Observer
Remember the great Dog Whisperer?
“I rehabilitate dogs… but I train people.”
What’s the reality here?
JOSHUA (pastoral , HK )
12 Oct 2012
They asked, why are (most of) the traditional churches no longer able to revitalize their believers and grow the church?
The key reasons are,
– too tied down by it’s own doctrine and rituals;
– lack of “revolutionary” (visionaries) pastoral staff not only to lead but “feed thy sheep” properly;
– the spiritual power of pulpit is lost;
– failing to really See God’s Kingdom.
So when believers in church on Sunday, reading (praying) The Lord’s Prayer, are they been guided properly to see God’s kingdom for what they have been praying for all the time?
Each Sunday there are believers seeking to be fed with spiritual enlightenment by pastoral staff who stand on pulpit. Yet every Sunday many will go away merely attended another (Biblical) history class.
In The Book of John, hence Jesus reminded Peter to feed his sheep properly.
So much so, most traditional churches these days faced with the challenge of that their believers wanting endlessly, good story-telling preachers on the pulpit. Good story-telling is very different from strong spiritual revelation and God’s calling from the pulpit.
教牧若无法有能力去带领会众和教会肢体有属灵的看見，那么，主日敬拜和圣道启示的大能巳淪为一场礼仪秀(a ritual show)，教会又如何復兴？！
怪不得会众只能越来越追求一场”好听” 的讲道了。這与属灵的看见和亮光(上帝启示) 差远唉！
Same for church ministry work and activities, leaders and believers must see the Light. Church leaders who even fail to sustain strong support for Prayers meetings will not see the spiritual fruits.
The next time when we use The Lord’s Prayer to pray, oh Lord, be my Light.
GOD BLESS ALL
This Week In Singapore
(1) Another senior civil servant (above picture) charged in court for “taking public money” …
This time around the man is from the Foreign Affairs Ministry. Long service career but… A case of money-not-enough? Or too easygoing life?
(2) A good guy passed away…
(3) All schools are Good schools
Some very experienced principals will be rotated to in-land schools, help to bring up the standards.
(4) Singapore bought the biggest fossil of Diplodocus, a grown up dinosaur of 27m long! It has arrived in town.
8 Oct 2013
Singaporeans spending their rest days and weekends at shopping malls and property sales as well as car showroom!!!
They should look at this doctor & his family, and start to reflect.
The news report mentioned about this Singaporean medical doctor and his family spending the last 15 years in China’s remote regions, helping the locals their to establish better environment health and provide them with low cost medical care (sometimes free medical services). He also trains the local medical staff.
Dr. Tan said that such sacrifices are worth much more than life that owns big luxurious cars and just living a personal good life. He’s a Christian.
Simply put, Dr. Tan is one of very few Singaporeans who understanding the greater calling in life in making others (less privilege) live a better life.
Great story reported by the press.
Singapore media extract
By: Busy Body
What FCBC Has To Show To The Society?
After reading the above news report as well as “I asked the minister to send me to jail” (an interview of pastor Lawrence Khong by the press) published previously, there’s good reason even for Christians to deeply reflect on their faith.
Without going into further argument, people at the coffee shop have the following to say,
– FCBC (or rather Khong’s) reaction to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is merely a rebellious act, trying to show to their own followers that Khong’s judgment to sack his pregnant staff without due compensation or consideration remains “correct”.
– Khong as a pastor basically had forgotten that, as in the Bible even Jesus spoke out loud about follow the law. So, Khong and FCBC have demonstrated a completely WRONG teaching about Christianity!!!
– the whole saga acted “in faith and principle” (sacking the pregnant staff) by FCBC (or rather, Khong) remains an opposite illustration of Love & Caring.
Coffee shop folks urge that, even if “you” are a Mega Church, should not demonstrate the wrong side of Upholding Principles to the society.
God bless ALL.